- A salary is a form of periodic payment from an employer to an employee, which may be specified in an employment contract. It is contrasted with piece wages, where each job, hour or other unit is paid separately, rather than on a periodic basis.
- A specimen taken for scientific testing or analysis
- A small part or quantity intended to show what the whole is like
- sample distribution: items selected at random from a population and used to test hypotheses about the population
- A portion drawn from a population, the study of which is intended to lead to statistical estimates of the attributes of the whole population
- take a sample of; “Try these new crackers”; “Sample the regional dishes”
- a small part of something intended as representative of the whole
Sadly this lot is probably now in a skip as the place has been stripped out and by all accounts demolition is pretty imminent.